Yesterday we went to Maverick's two month check up.
He weighed 16 pounds 4.5 ounces
He is 24.5 inches long (thats two feet- OMG)
His head is 17 inches around
That means from birth he has grown:
5 pounds 14 ounces and 3.5 inches- all in 2 months!
I hope he doesn't keep growing at this rate! He is going to be a big boy. I am glad that he is proportional. His weight is ok for his length... I have struggled with my weight for my whole life. I was teased, I have had high blood pressure, and fertility issues. I can never find clothes that fit and I worry about diabetes, heart disease, cancer, etc. I do not want that for my son. I guess chocolate cake for dinner is a thing of the past. I want him to see me eating fruits and vegetables...
He has cradle cap, which is not harmful and it doesn't even really bother him. It just isn't all that attractive (to other people, to me- he is the most adorable baby ever) His is worse near his eyebrows. His head is getting a little flat, so we are going to have to increase tummy time and maybe let him nap on his side. We do not want him to have to wear a helmet to reshape his head!
It looks worse in person, but you get the idea from this picture:
This is what he is able to do as of now:
* He is trying to have little conversations. When you talk to him he makes sounds back at you. It makes my heart melt!
* He smiles the sweetest little smile :-) We swear we have heard him laugh twice, both times in his sleep.
* He is holding his head up more and more. It is noticeably less shaky now.
* He will scoot in a circle. If you put him down facing one way, he will rotate himself around almost 360 degrees.
* A few times I have thought he may roll over, or at least be attempting. He will rock back and forth, but his arm is in the way. He doesn't do this all the time because he will just rotate himself around to see what he wants to see.
*He isn't a big fan of the pacifier. As soon as he figures out that it isn't food, he flings it out of his mouth.
* He is about to find his hands. He will grab one hand with the other, but I don't think he has connected in his mind that he is the one making that happen.
I'm sure there is much more, because clearly he is a genius. No, really. This isn't like when other moms think their baby is special... he really is ;-)