Sunday, September 30, 2012

Catch up: C is going back to school!

One of the things that first attracted me to C was his ambition. He could be President of the US and still be wanting more. He knew that he had reached the top of his career without a degree, so he decided to go back and finish.

He applied to Texas Tech for their Horticulture and Turfgrass Sciences. The community college took their sweet time sending his transcripts so it took *forever* to get a decision. So long that he had stopped checking. But I hadn't. :) So when I checked and it said accepted I knew a quick little surprise was in order.

M and I whipped up some cupcakes, I made cupcake toppers, a banner, blew up balloons, and decorated the table all in red and black. The quality of the decor was affected by my extreme rush and a toddler "helping" me, but C doesn't care anyway.

I just wanted to make it a little special because I am so proud of him, and I think I succeeded. When he came in from work he was like "what is all this?" but in a few seconds it all clicked and he was so excited.





No comments:

Post a Comment